Friday, November 11, 2016

Avocado Chocolate Mousse



It’s no secret I love avocados, but my kids, not so much. My youngest used to eat guacamole straight from the bowl but now that she’s hitting that age of “I’m not eating that” I had to resort to adding it to her favorite food, chocolate.

Sneaking fruits and vegetables into our kid’s food isn’t anything new. As parents, we want to make sure our kids are getting their 5 a day but with picky eaters in the house, that’s not always the easiest thing to do. I’ve tried all of the tricks, and while they sometimes work, somedays my kids just want to chocolate.

So why not feel good about giving your kids chocolate? Made from all whole ingredients, this mousse will leave them asking for more.


Avocado Chocolate Mousse
2 avocados
1 rip banana
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
½ cup cacao powder
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup maple syrup or honey
¼ cup coconut milk or almond milk

Add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth. Put mousse into a plastic zip bag and press to remove as much air as possible. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours

I served mine in little chocolate bowls, but this can be served in small dessert dishes too. To serve cut the corner tip of the plastic zip bag and squeeze mousse into serving dish. Garnish with shaving of dark chocolate and enjoy.

The mousse will keep for about 3 days in the refrigerator, but is best right away.





No comments:

Post a Comment