Tuesday, January 17, 2017

High in Fiber and good carbs, chickpeas are hitching a ride on this protein crazed train.



I live in the Middle East and hummus is everywhere. It’s at every restaurant, in all the grocery stores, and this “thick and rich, ultra-smooth and luscious while still remarkably light” hummus can even be found in the convenience store at the gas station. 

When I travel back to the states, the store-bought versions just don’t compare to what I can find here. I try to make my own, but I just can’t seem to get that ultra-smooth texture you find in authentic Middle Eastern hummus. 

I’ve asked my Arab friends how to get a rich, smooth, creamy texture, but they forget to mention this one simple, yet very important step that Maureen Abood, who has been nominated for a food journalism award, explains so beautifully in her article "What most people get wrong about making hummus”.


If you love hummus like I do, then check out this article to see “What people get wrong about making hummus”.





No comments:

Post a Comment