2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
1 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tbsp. rice vinegar or lime juice
4-6 pieces of chicken thigh meat, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1 tbsp. oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
1 zucchini, thinly sliced or spiraled
1 carrot, thinly sliced or spiraled
small bunch of coriander/cilantro, chopped
How to prepare
- Combine marinade in a small bowl, add chicken and toss to coat. Set aside for at least one hour. This step can also be done the night before.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water, then drizzle with sesame oil.
- I like using whole wheat or brown rice pasta. Using whole foods adds fiber and gives you most of the natural vitamins and minerals that are stripped out of white or processed flour pastas.
- Heat oil over medium high heat, add garlic and sauté for about 30 sec, then add chicken, reserving the marinade for later, and cook another 2 mins.
- Add red pepper, zucchini, carrot and reserved marinade, toss to coat and cook another 2 mins. Remove from heat.
- Add one serving of pasta to a heated wok, then add chicken and veggie stir fry. Toss everything to make sure pasta is well coated and stir fry to heat through. Remove from heat and serve with a sprinkling of coriander/cilantro.
This dish can be made with or without chicken. Whole food, plant based meals can contain small amounts of meat; Meat just takes the side dish to veggies. If making without chicken, just make marinade and add to recipe with veggies.